Saturday, October 2, 2010

Handmade Holiday 2010


I have decided to join in with the Plain and Joyful Living's 'Handmade Holiday 2010'. I think this is such a wonderful idea, what is more lovely than to receive a gift that has been handmade with love especially for you!? Each year I usually make some of my gifts however in keeping with Handmade Holiday 2010, this year will be entirely handmade :)

Some of the things that I have decided to make include....

- some wooden play pegs (with the help of my dad) for my step-daughters

- some lovely "Nesting cubes" from the book Handmade Beginnings as seen on Mothering with Rhyhme and Rhyme (free pattern available here from Amazon) for my little B

- Some more knitted goodies for my darling B......In particular this knitted bunny from the book Knitted Animals ....I hope mine will at least resemble this sweet little bunny :)



- Inspired by some recent crafts by The Magic Onions and Twig and Toadstool, I am going to attempt some little beeswax candles made in recycled glass jars and little tea cups. Some with leaves and flowers stuck on...

I feel like I am taking a lot on, especially as there is not that much time until Christmas and we are heading off on an overseas adventure for 4 weeks! SO I better get started and will keep you updated on my progress..

I'd love to hear what you are making....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...