Monday, December 13, 2010

Summertime Season Exchange......confiscated!!!

This is the first swap that I participated in and I really enjoyed making something special for another family.  Here is the little Mermaid I made for my swap partner, I also wet felted a little piece of 'sea' to accompany my mermaid on her travels all the way to New Zealand. 

My swap partner has just emailed me to advise that customs has confiscated my package as it apparently contains seeds! 

I am so sad to hear this as I put in so much time and effort to make these gifts. My swap partner is going to contact them to see if they can at least return them to me...I will let you know what happens. 


I will post a picture later of the lovely little gifts that we received to adorn our nature table. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! little gnome I am so very sad to hear this...did you use seeds in her tail? if you get her back try replacing them with the fine gravel you buy at pet shops for fish tanks ~ that is what i use (anything else attracts mice and customs officers!)
    she is beautiful, as is the sea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How frustrating. I do hope she finds her way back to you. She is gorgeous! And Shannon, thanks for the fine gravel tip. I will definitely keep that in mind for any creations that may travel across borders.

    Blessings and light...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...