Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ideas for a first birthday party???




A picture from my step daughters recent 6th birthday..... hmmm.... don't look at the toadstool to closely, my first attempt at birthday cake making! I think for Abbie's I will stick with something simple. 


Abbie's first birthday is fast approaching.....where has a year gone!

I am hoping that you will all have some wonderful ideas for a first birthday party. I was thinking something small with only family and a few of her friends. However would love any suggestions for themes or games/ activities (if any)......

On a recent visit to Rhythm & Rhyme I was inspired to make this gorgeous little rainbow fabric book (designed by homegrown happy) for Abbie's first birthday. It is well underway, I can't wait to share some photos! I also had planned to make her another doll, however just trying to find a pale pink cotton velour......

I want to make each of the children attending her birthday party something special, instead of a lolly/party bag. I am thinking a small soft waldorf doll (hand size)....hmmm not sure...perhaps some felted balls would be better....any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

6 comments:

  1. How I loved celebrating my son's first birthday! Here's we celebrated with a small party, lunch and birthday cake from scratch:

    http://www.creatingafamilyhome.com/2010/11/nathans-first-birthday-party-farmer-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on the ages of the party-goers, wind wands are a favorite with my little ones and make any party great fun (They are easy to make as well.)

    http://howthesunrose-lalagirl.blogspot.com/2010/07/dancing-with-wind-wands.html

    I made a colorful birthday banner for my son last year and we hang it each time someone has a birthday throughout the year. it makes for a pretty, reusable decoration.

    http://howthesunrose-lalagirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-birthday-little-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely ideas people have already suggested! For a first birthday, why don't you get a beautiful book and have each guest (the grown up ones and those old enough to write/contribute) and have them write a wish, or quality of being that they would like to gift. For example happiness, or love, or security or whatever. Or they could offer something they love like "the love of music, the love of poetry". It would be so nice to keep that book as a treasure for your little birthday girl. I hope you all have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a smallish gathering of friends and their children, simple food and cake. I think first birthdays are a celebration for the parents too a kind of 'we did it and isn't she perfect'. My big girl made her sister a fleece birthday crown. http://motherrhythm.blogspot.com/2010/07/party-day.html I didn't do little gifts for the children, but they each took home a helium balloon. Felt balls would be nice, and easy and would suit from baby to 10 year old. If you wind some old wool scraps into a ball first then wrap your fleece around the outside the process is qicker. And i read somewhere not so long ago that if you get it to ball stage and then gently begin to rub it all over with soapy hands then put in in a stocking and tie a knot then add the next, tie a knot and so on (bit like a sausgae) you can felt the lot in the washing machine)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the lovely suggestions....will be sure to post some pictures of our little celebration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...