Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bliss balls and candle dipping


I found this recipe on the internet at least 3 years ago and have been meaning to try it ever since. Well today I did and I wish I had tried it sooner. They were delicious and super easy. the best bit....no cooking required!

1 cup puffed millet or rice
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 sunflower seeds
1/2 cup rice malt or honey (we used honey)
1/2 tahini
1 cup almond meal 
1 cup chopped nuts (we used roast almonds, macadamias, pistachios & cashews)
1 cup chopped dried fruit, sulphur free (we used dates and sultanas)

Place all dry ingredients in a blender and mix together. Then add tahini and rice malt (or honey)
Roll into balls and cover with coconut or sesame seeds.


Yesterday we made some candles in preparation for Easter - thanks to some inspiration from Karen over at bare feet and a free spirit





I made up a dye bath with some red onion skins to dye the egg shells this lovely rich colour. We had intended to put the egg shells into a stocking with some leaves/ flower petals to give a pattern to the shell, however didn't get a chance...maybe next year. 


We had our first fire of the year tonight.
I am sitting in front of its warmth as I type. 
Hope you all had a restful weekend


4 comments:

  1. your bliss balls sound delicious! It looks like fun was had dipping candles, they look great:) I also made the little egg shell candles. I like your idea of dying the egg shells, we just peeled them off but next time we will do this as something different. Your fire sure does look cozy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure Bliss - all round. We will try the balls, maybe tomorrow. Baked beetroot and chocolate cake today - I love food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to admit my husband actually took over the candles! Thanks again for the inspiration Karen.

    Let me know what you think Shannon- a friend suggested I add cocoa nibs for added goodness!

    I LOVE food too. Beetroot and chocolate cake.....sounds exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such clever ideas! I especially love your beautiful egg candles. They're just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...