Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainbow knitting....

Every time I pop over to waldorf mama, I am so inspired to knit some clothing.
So after going to poppies and milk and seeing this - I decided to give it a go. 

So for the first time I am joining in with Ginny over at small things for a Yarn Along.


 So here goes.....
first time knitting on circular needles (i am LOVING these)
I am using 8 ply 70% wool and 30% soybean silk fibre in "Kaleidoscope"
I love rainbows. Hoping my wee one will love them too.
How can you not love this......


I am following shelley from waldorf mama (notes here) and will work the bodice using bloom pattern and the skirt in rainbow dress (both by Georgie Hallam)

As for reading......at least 5 books open, however with work, a little one, a blog and a sewing obsession, not much time for reading recently.

Have just got home from a lovely evening at our preschool with the lovely Ebba talking about Family Storytelling. 

more on that another day....

pop over tomorrow - a giveaway is on its way

x



11 comments:

  1. beautiful.... I see that we are both in love with the harmony wood needles!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that yarn ... it's gorgeous! The wood needles are wonderful, aren't they?

    Welcome to the Yarn-along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in love with your yarn. Seriously. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those colours are beautiful! I like the patterns you're using, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are going to be beautiful. I am so jealous of all the knitting I see on blogs. I'm begging someone in my area to teach me how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I am in love with that yarn! And of course, if you love rainbows, you love the Harmony needles. (I have them also...) I can't wait to see how this looks when you are finished, with that gorgeous rainbow yarn...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find that yarn? It is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yarn is from Morris and sons in the Sydney CBD - http://www.morrisandsons.com.au/catalog/main.php

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo beautiful..maybe I could join you in a knit along?...gotta finish the milo first tho.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...