Sunday, June 5, 2011

On the wings of spring...

I recently joined in with the swap hosted by M Bloom of We Bloom Here

The brief, to design a needle and fibre craft bird and to send along your inspiration too.

I decided to keep it simple.  A small little bird in a nest. My inspiration, a lovely little verse we sing to the birthday child in our playgroup. 



Birthday birdie song

In heaven shines a golden star
an angel brought me from a far
from heaven down unto the earth
has brought me to my place of birth

birthday angels are singing
birthday bells are ringing

Oh [name of birthday child] is turning [x] today
happy happy birthday

and from the golden sky
a birthday birdie flying by
brings wishes and kisses and many a cheer 
to our [name of birthday child] birthday child dear. 


5 comments:

  1. these turned out so cute and I love your birthday song:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. WIngs of Spring was my first craft exchange. What a lovely experience I love seeing what everyone created, what a talented group of Mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply beautiful; as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birds and nests. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...