Saturday, July 23, 2011

Work has begun....

On renovating our house.
10 days to go before we move in!
These pictures were taken a few days ago. 
Lots has happened since then. 



Sanding the floors begins Monday. We are using Kunos Natural Oil Sealer in White - an eco, non-toxic oil. Picture of the sample area we did below - white oil is top of photo and the plain natural oil below.  
Instead of walking on 'plastic' like normal polyurethane floors, after three applications of the oil you are still walking on the actual timber. 


Painting begun yesterday...will post some pictures early next week of the rooms and the colours we have chosen. 
We are using Volvox Clay Decor for all our painting - a natural paint which is completely VOC free. 

OH....and 
My sweet little girl is a baby no more. 
She self weaned yesterday

16 months and 13 days of breastfeeding bliss
(well the first 6 weeks were painful but oh so worth it)


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I wanted to e-mail you, but I don't see your address anywhere. : ) I'm thinking about sponsoring Natural Suburbia to help increase traffic to my blog, and I was wondering if sponsorship has driven lots of traffic to yours. Can you please e-mail me and let me know? THANKS! You can delete this comment if you like. : )

    Oh, and congrats on moving day coming soon! I remember when Nathan self weaned at just 12 months... it came way too sooN! : )

    Kelly @ Creating a Family Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your renovations are looking wonderful, thanks for the link for the floor sealer. Wishing you a smooth move.
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I linked to your blog, you can find my post here,http://mummyzilla.blogspot.com/2011/07/steiner-style-toys.html I really enjoy reading about your choices,

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, what gorgeous photos, love...oh weaning day...I fear it. I know it is coming sooner than later, but still. how lovely that you have left your precious girl to decide when she is done:) much love to you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, it looks like your house is going to be great! I look forward to seing the progress as it happens:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...