Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chickpea Pizza...gluten free, guilt free!

Another delicious recipe from the Holistic Chef - Shakti

I made this the other day and OH MY it is amazing!


1 1/4 cup besan flour (chickpea flour)
1/4 salt
1 tsp cumin & 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil

mix all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for an hour. 
After 1 hour, press out mix onto tray lined with baking paper
bake 20 mins 180/200'C
Add topping and bake for a further 10 mins

Topping - get creative!
I reduced some tinned tomatoes down with some garlic and olive oil
caramelised some onions

Served with some goats cheese & organic baby spinach 


3 comments:

  1. This is great, I have a lot of chickpea flour left over from ridding my child's head of cradle cap. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat, I made this base this week and am blogging about it this in the next day or two and wanted to link back to you, is that ok? Hope you're well : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definately going to give this a go. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...