Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Easter Ideas for Children

A little premature perhaps, however for all the busy mums I thought that I would write some suggestions of ideas for easter. One of my resolutions this year is to be organised. Being pregnant is helping as I have the nesting bug. Here are some of the things we did last year for easter. 

Please share your ideas in the comments 

A little easter garden
we used egg shells filled with soil and sprout seeds
We should have really started this a little earlier than we did, so that it was really 'grassy'. 
The easter bunny/ hare is then able to come and chew down the grass on easter morning and leave a little treasure and a big mess of grass! Thanks Maree for this lovely suggestion.



Little felt easter bunnies 
these are one of my favourites. 
They make a special little gift for your child ....tucked up inside a little basket with perhaps a chocolate egg or two or homemade chocolate.....

I have some kits for mini bunnies similar to these I made last year in my shop, here


Beeswax candle making
...this is always lots of fun


Egg shell candles
I am thinking this year we will experiment with painting the eggs. I think there is a technique with wax and then dyes......anyone tried it?


Little bunny rabbit finger puppets
Shannon recommended these gorgeous little bunny finger puppets over at the purl bee - what lovely gifts


Wool Felt Chicks
Here are my attempts......I have to say this was a lot of fun and oh so sweet!


and here is a chick of my own...more of a little red hen don't you think?
I have drawn the pattern based on a little chick I bought some time ago and inspired by our own little chooks. 


My tutorial here


8 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful and yes! I would love a tutorial! xx m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of crafts. A tutorial of the chicken would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas, and I would also love the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your expected bundle! I missed the news in another post obviously!!
    You have put together so many great Easter ideas ....... and the bunnies and chick you make are so cute. I might have to see about making a bunny for our Easter table......!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, These are some great ideas! I will definitely use some of them in our upcoming Easter Club (and link back to you!). Thanks for thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love a tutorial for the chick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. taking a beeswax crayon or a candle, you can draw lots of patterns on
    a hardboiled egg, then paint or dye, and the wax will resist the
    paint.
    its quite magical for children (and grown ups too!) if you use a clear
    wax candle for drawing little patterns, as you cannot see the patterns
    until you add the paint.
    happy easter crafting to you!
    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered when you might share your delightful news with the www... now I can blow the whistle a little louder!
    Yes please, I would love a little red hen tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...