Friday, September 21, 2012

Real Food: Nut & Grain Free Chocolate Cake




My sister send me this recipe today. It is a lovely recipe by Teresa Cutter.  I made it up this afternoon. It literally took me 10 minutes, so quick and easy to put together. I used butter, and for the 1/4 of sweetness, I used half raw honey and half maple syrup. I iced using loving earth dark chocolate melted with half tub of mud cream. Served with spoonfuls of mud cream. It really needs the cream as the cake is so very rich (probably due to the icing). Frozen raspberries simmered on the stove would make the perfect accompaniment.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I had seen a link to that recipe on facebook but had assumed it was full of nuts (as most 'grain-free' recipes are unfortunately!). Looks delicious, must give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM here too. I will mentally file this away to make for my husband...he loves chocolate. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey natalie....i was wondering if you could explain what mud cream is?? also i was wondering if you could share your recipe for homemade mayo?? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...