Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Preparations: simple gingerbread biscuits






While down the south coast for a little getaway, we baked biscuits. A special treat to gift to friends and family. We also filled a tin just for us.....to be eaten on Christmas Eve when we finish our Christmas story. They are a lovely easy biscuit to make with children and not too sweet. If I made them again I would add a little more of the spices...perhaps even some cloves. 

I don't think these biscuits can be a part of the real food series, however here is the recipe*. As always try to source organic and local ingredients......

simple gingerbread biscuits 

100 grams soft butter 
50 grams brown sugar (I used about 30 grams as it was all I had and they are lovely)
150 grams molasses
1 egg
360 grams plain flour (we used a mix of white spelt and plain)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarb
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger

mix all together, bake in moderate oven until golden. 

Bake away x

* care of our lovely playgroup leader,  Ebba.

5 comments:

  1. Yours look so good Natalie, such a lovely colour. I've seen a few recipes with molasses but have never tried a recipe using it before I might have to give it a try next time. We made some just the other day the girls quite enjoyed themselves especially the icing of them:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gingerbread is one of the things that i could eat year round. simply divine. but oh so good when it is cold outside with a cup of hot cocoa. love these little shapes. looks like a great recipe. xx ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nat, they look great! I love gingerbread. Just leaving a response here to the sugar post you wrote earlier this year, and you mentioned de-stressing foods, incl. salt, sugar, starch etc- I thought I'd let you know that the kinesiologist consistently tests for me that I need more sea salt to calm my adrenals- apparently it's 1/4 tsp of salt per litre of water drunk. Just thought you might find that interesting :) Merry Christmas to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recipe and so very good timing. we are planning to bake gingerbread tomorrow and your recipe is so much better than mine on the sugar front (mine has around 400 grams of sugar!) i was going to google a new recipe but you have saved me the trouble. love that it has molasses too! merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just wanted to say that we made these today and have declared them the best ever! beautiful flavour! oh how i love gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...