Thursday, April 4, 2013

these days: easter on the farm

It's been a while between posts. I hope you all had a lovely easter weekend.

We have fallen into a lovely autumn rhythm and are enjoying days at home. I was just saying to Olly how interesting it is that days at home make everyone happier.

When the sun has set and my little ones are in bed, I have been working on the cookbook. I am so pleased with how it is coming along.  There is lots to do, as I have decided to do all the design work myself, and have been learning photoshop and indesign in between testing recipes, photography (my favourite bit I think) and writing the content. I am hoping it will be ready in a few months  am toying with a few ideas, perhaps launching it through a new blog more dedicated to food and the kitchen. Love to know your thoughts?

Here are some pictures from our easter weekend at a friends' farm - testing out my new lens.

Some of my favourite images:
(image 2) - I love her intense and curious gaze, as she watches the cows.
(image 8) - she is heavily pregnant, her udder is full and she waddles as she walks. 
(image 10) - we drove high up the escarpment to see this little calf, who was born the afternoon before.
(image 17) - dancing in the afternoon sunshine

















11 comments:

  1. Gosh you've been busy! I love that pic of Abbie swinging her arms - it screams the Sound of Music! If you're asking me, I'd prefer to see your cookbook here. I think it would complicate things for you if you launched a separate thing. A lot of what you write about here is food anyway, so it would naturally fall into place. I think it would be simpler and mean a lot less work for you, plus I think it would have greater impact here since all your readers are here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree with Vanessa to launch your cookbook here for all the reasons she has written. I am looking forward to it and admire you learning photoshop so you can design it yourself - definitely something I will be outsourcing when I complete writing my ebook! Happy writing and cooking to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Nikki. I am loving photoshop - i think a very valuable tool as a blogger (although the learning curve at the beginning, seriously steep!) I look forward to more news of your book!

      thanks x

      (ps - I owe you a response re: your sugar question, shall email you soon)

      Delete
    2. No probs re:sugar question. When you have time. thanks x

      Delete
  3. beautiful photos but then i am a sucker when it comes to cows, they have the sweetest eyes. i'm with vanessa and nikki i think launching your book here would be awesome and i am so looking forward to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie, good to hear you on the blog again, although I know how hard it is to blog regularly and work on projects. Sounds like you are having fun creating your cookbook, exciting times, enjoy the process! I think you have a lovely site here already that has a strong food and family focus, so the cookbook would be a good fit. Note I just wrote that before reading earlier comments! Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - this all reminds me of my childhood home! Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely picture. makes me want to go on a little country vacation

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful images, found you via The Beetleshack,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos.

    I'm so happy to have found your gorgeous blog through Weekly Stills.

    I'm going to make a cup of tea and have a look around!!

    www.twinsplusonemumma.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...