Monday, May 6, 2013

the little gnome's kitchen: e-cookbook update

I haven't really told you much about this e-cookbook I keep mentioning, so I thought I would share a little more.

Why am I writing a cookbook? 
I hoping to inspire people to cook real food and to consider what real food really is. To provide achievable recipes to help with that question that pops up at some point throughout the day....."what's for dinner?". The cookbook will focus on foods that are digestible, foods that nourish the cell and strengthen the metabolism especially the thyroid. Foods that can be prepared for the whole family in minimal time.

As well as being nutritionally balanced, there are two things I continue to keep in mind as I am working on this project. Photography - well this is hard to forget, as I do like to take photos - especially of food. There is nothing worse than buying an e-book of any sort, to find no pictures, don't you agree. Secondly, achievability - my aim is that this book will be used, loved and will provide inspiration for those on a real food journey. As much as I aim for beautiful images to be throughout the book, I want them to demonstrate how achievable real food meals and snacks are.... even for busy parents with children. 

A few images from the other day. I hope to write one cookbook update post and some pictures each week. 









9 comments:

  1. Beautiful food! Looking forward to buying and loving your e-book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Natalie. I think it's great you are doing this book. I don't know about others but personally I think there are too many famous people piggybacking onto the 'healthy living' bandwagon who have the funds and status to have a book published. So best wishes to you, looking forward to seeing your finished work! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond excited about your ebook Natalie. I agree completely that photos are essential, yours are looking wonderful and I like too that you are making a concerted effort to keep the book accessible for busy families. I too am working on an ebook but have come to a standstill, seeing this post has inspired me to take the next steps. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I think it is so important to keep things real - we are all busy and I want to convey that real food is very achievable for everyone. I am glad to have inspired....looking forward to your ebook too!

      Delete
  4. oh. my. goodness. This has made me want to bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your cookbook will be great -- especially attuned to Emma's way of thinking of nutrition. Is the publish date still August?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...