Tuesday, August 20, 2013

digestible kitchen cookbook: an update from my kitchen

So lovely to have you join me over at my new facebook page - Digestible Kitchen!  Digestible Kitchen is my new food blog focusing on digestible and pro-metabolic foods and recipes. Wherever you are on your real food journey, I hope to inspire you with foods to nourish at a cellular level and empower you with the reasons why. The new blog will be launching in the coming months, until then, you can keep up to date on the facebook page here or here on the little gnome's home blog. 

The cookbook is progressing well and I am hopeful that it shall be available as initially an e-book by november. 

I have had a few people ask the type of cookbook I am writing, so I thought I would share a little more. I am passionate about thyroid health and eating the rights foods (and at the right frequencies) to nourish our bodies....and not because mainstream nutrition (or even alternate for that matter) says it is good for us. Many of us are in a hypo metabolic state for so many reasons (stress being a major factor, chemicals in the environment etc) and so our bodies require some special attention (and limitations) in the food arena. As to what these are, this may surprise you. 

The cookbook will focus on what I (and Emma) call digestible and pro-metabolic foods. These are foods that:

- support glucose oxidation
- support thyroid hormone conversion 
- support healthy cell renewal
- inhibit lactic acid formation
- are anti-inflammatory
- don't encourage unnecessary fat storage
- increase body temperature
- decrease the production of stress hormones and prostaglandins
- meet the body's energy requirements
- lower endotoxin
- are easily digestible

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks....




















5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'm going to LOVE your book and new blog Natalie! So looking forward to hearing about REAL, nourishing food and food philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos. And what an exciting, informative project, I look forward to the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food photography is amazing. You are so talented. I know I have said it before but I am really looking forward to your cookbook release. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and delicious as always Nat, love the colour of your curd - again the eggs and lemons have been on the table waiting for me. Andy's had a huge week but hoping to secure myself some kitchen time this weekend :) Best to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...